Friday 12 October 2012

Amanda Todd


Like so many others, Amanda Todd's story has been weighing on my mind ever since I heard about the tragedy.  So many thoughts going through my mind...I feel so bad for her...for her family...I think about all the other kids out there who are in similar situations to Amanda's.  I think about the kids that I grew up with.  I never really noticed any bullying...but I now know it was there.  Recently at my high school reunion one of my classmates made reference to another classmate who bullied her all through high school (Grades 8 through 12).  I had no idea.  I thnk about my own kids, and while they are still very young, I worry about what things are going to be like for them when they get older.  Our youngest is in Kindergarten this year, and already I hear about pushing out on the playground.  Is this where it starts?  What can we do to stop bullying?  Why are some people so mean?

Rest in peace, Amanda.  May your video be a legacy to help others.  If you have not yet seen the video, please take a few minutes to watch it.  Here is the link:

http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/Vancouver+area+teen+commits+suicide+after+telling+story+being/7375941/story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment