Sunday 27 January 2013

Resolution Update #1

A few weeks ago, I posted my resolutions / goals for this year.  If you missed that post, here it is - New Year's Resolutions.

Now that we are nearing the end of the first month of 2013 (holy moly) - I thought I would post an update.  Keep you in the loop, and keep me accountable!

Get More Active

I've been doing it!  I've been hitting the gym twice a week - that's double the improvement than in 2012.  And you know what? I am loving it! I just love going.  A friend and I have been trying out some classes (laughing our butts off) and checking out the cardio and weight circuits.  I am super happy, and hope that this trend continues!  I just might get back to running this year.

Read More

I haven't completed my two books for January - but I am reading two books.  That's progress in my eyes.  I am reading the Hunger Games (believe it or not, I didn't read it when it was huge - nor have I seen the movie - was too busy with a baby who didn't like to sleep)


I am also reading Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson.


I was introduced to Jenny Lawson by a friend from work.  She sent me this blog post that Jenny wrote on picking your battles that had me laughing so hard I was nearly sobbing.  Mostly because I know that my husband would do the same thing to me...and me to him!  So now I am reading her book, a little each night because so far, my stomach muscles can't handle the laughter :-)

Social Time

I have been doing well in this department too!  I've got a gym buddy, she and I have been friends for more than 15 years and it's great to hang with her.  Just this week I got to go out socially with two different groups of girlfriends on two different nights.  And bonus, two nights of not cooking!  LOL.  Even my hubby has had some social time - one of his best friends flew into town over the weekend and they got to hang out and take in the hockey game too.

So far, I am doing pretty well with my resolutions.  How are you doing?


No comments:

Post a Comment